Thursday, August 25, 2011

Blog Post 1

About Me
My name is Kacie Manuel and I currently live in Fairhope, Alabama. I was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and moved to Fairhope back in 2004. I have an older brother, a twin sister, and two more younger sisters.  I do not have many hobbies but I do like to read and travel when I have time. My main hobby and passion is coaching cheerleading. 

 I coach all-star cheerleading at Cheer Force One and love it. I have been cheering since I was eight years old and it has always been a hobby of mine. I decided to major in Elementary Education because I really enjoy working with kids and teaching them new skills.

Randy Pausch
When watching the Time Management video by Randy Pausch I learned that planning my day will give me a reason to get going. Also, if you do everything right the first time, then there is no need to go back and do it again. If the task is already done, then I can scratch it off the to-do list and move on. 

Randy Pausch was a professor who became famous with his "Last Lecture" which was about achieving your childhood dreams. He made appearances on shows like Good Morning America and Oprah Winfrey Show. He died at the early age of 47 due to cancer.

2 comments:

  1. We will watch The Last Lecture later in the semester. Welcome to EDM310!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kacie,

    I am also studying elementary education and enjoy working with children. I think it's great that you are already doing that through cheerleading. I have an eight year old daughter named Natalie who takes gymnastics and cheerleading. She will love to know that I have a classmate who teaches it. I agree with you that the Randy Pausch video had some great tips for using time wisely.

    ReplyDelete