Friday, December 2, 2011

Blog Post 14

In Jose's Top Ten Tips for Using Technology in the Classroom, he talks about ten things that will keep kids more interested in class using technology. I have never heard of teachers using using music while they teach, but after thinking about it, kids love music. Incorporating iTunes into a lesson will really get the students' attention. Before taking EDM310, I would have never thought to use a blog for my students, but now, I will. Having a class blog is an easy way to keep in touch with the students outside of the classroom.

In his blog, Box of Tricks, he has a forever long list of helpful internet sites to help teachers in anyway imaginable. This list is organized from A to Z and has anything you could ever image on it. The websites he has listed can be used for the students also. He has a link to help create a graph and a link that helps create comic drawings. This blog is very different from other I have read, but just as helpful.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Kacie,

    Good post! I think that music is a great way for students to get motivated. But, I would be careful because of the language that is in many songs that students like to listen to today.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete