Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blog Post 8

This Is How We Dream


"Ideas don't belong to us individually, they belong to us as a culture." I like this quote from Dr. Richard E. Miller because ideas that people have, are thought up by all different people. Different people of certain cultures put their input in which evolves to an idea.

Teaching with multimedia is very interesting. The whole time I was watching the video I was completely drawn to what Dr. Richard E. Miller was saying. I think teaching with multimedia is very useful to students because they are not just listening to a teacher lecture, it is like they are part of the lecture.

Carly Pugh's Blog Post #12

I like the idea of future educators creating a playlist of videos that inspire them. Different lectures by different people touch people in different ways. My favorite video that she post about has to be Think Different. I like the thought behind Carly adding this to her playlist. I agree with someone needing to step out on a limb and make kids think. I believe that teachers take the first step in putting creatively into young peoples minds. Teachers are the ones who needs to have kids think outside the box.

After reading Carly's blog, I decided to look for some inspirational videos. I came across a link on YouTube that describes the keys to success. After watching the video, it really got me thinking about how I am going to become successful being a teacher. The answer. Attitude.

EDM for Dummies

I liked both videos that I watched. I am still thinking of ways to make my final project video and I will probably come up with three or four ideas before I decided on that one idea that sticks with me. Right now I like the idea of using animation. The video idea is still kind of cloudy in my head but after watching the two videos, I can see a little light coming in.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn
The classroom needs to be more interesting. I agree with this and I am on board with making my classroom a fun learning environment. Kids grow up with technology so why not use technology in the classroom. Teachers need to try to figure out how to make learning fun. Learning does not need to be a bore, it can be interesting. I also agree with the kids not memorizing the information, but learning how to find the answer online. If they have the resources within reach, why not have the kids use them?

This was a great video. I agreed with the teachers making school fun and making education higher on the list. After watching this video, I can not wait to become and educator and to teach my kids useful information and not useless information.

Classroom with animals on the walls

1 comment:

  1. Your quote by Richard Miller is interesting. What about Steve Jobs? Did he get his ideas from culture. I think so. Did you ever see the Jetsons on TV? I think this is an amazing example of how ideas are used from everyone as a culture.

    I am glad you found Carly's media helpful. It is awesome that you found your own video that works for you!

    Good post Kacie,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete