Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blog Post 4

Eagle Nest Radio


After listening to the podcast about ancient Rome, I could tell the third graders really researched their topics. The students were very well prepared for the podcast. I could tell they practiced what they were going to say before just recording the podcast. I actually learned some new information about the ancient Romans that I did not know before, like about the the building and the different architecture. 





Benefits of Podcast


I liked the video about the Benefits of Podcast. This is a modern way for children to learn. Using this technology to learn makes learning more interesting to students rather than just reading information from a book. I liked the idea of the teacher uploading a podcast to iTunes when and if a child is absent from class. This way the student can still have access to everything that went on in the classroom. I also like the thought of the parents being able to listen and have a way to keep up with what their kids are doing and learning in the classroom. 




iPod Touch






EPN


I like the idea of this website. The idea to help teachers come up with topics for a podcast. This is one way to help teachers use technology for good and correctly. Any kind of question you can think of, you can find the answer on this website. This website has numerous of podcast topics and attached to the topic is a podcast. Therefore, the teachers do not even have to make a podcast if they do not know how to.



2 comments:

  1. Kacie,
    I enjoyed reading your post this week. Like you, I was very impressed with the Eagle Nest Radio podcast. The third graders did an amazing job!
    Overall, I didn't notice a lot of grammatical errors; however, I suggest you always reread your post before publishing it. You had a couple of run-on sentences. These can be easily corrected by simply adding a comma. You also a few typographical errors. You accidentally typed the word "the" twice and forgot to capitalize I.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Any kind of question you can think of, you can find the answer on this website." Wow. The Source of Truth!

    I hope these assignments helped in your preparation for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete